Monday, April 27, 2020

How to make chilli flakes at home for Pizza

When I wanted to prepare pizza at home I was running out of all the necessary store brought ingredients. As a first step I had to prepare this chilli flakes. I used 10 red chillies (cayenne pepper)



Steps
  1. Heat a pan or kadai, add the chillies and dry roast them until they turn crisp. You should be able to break it when you try pressing them with your fingers. Before roasting they would bend, that's how you can find if it's well roasted.
  2. Allow them to cool down completely
  3. In a dry mixer jar, add the roasted chillies and grind them coarsely. If you are doing this with more number of chillies, make sure to use the pulse option, else it might turn out to a chilli powder.
  4. Store in an airtight jar or container

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I just love hearing from you!