Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Milk Peda - Microwave Recipe - just 3 ingredients, 3 mins!

I am a big fan of milk sweets, milk sweets alone. And that was the story before marriage. Now, I enjoy almost every sweet. But milk sweets holds the first place anytime. When I came through this recipe I wanted to give a try for its simplicity and easiness. Not a big challenge at all. Just 15-20 minutes was that all I needed, includes the time allowed for the mixture to cool down and I had those delicious pedas in hand. WOW! They look great when you decorate them with crushed pistachios. I just forgot to click them when I decorated with pistachios. So here is the version with almonds.

Ingredients

Milk Powder - 2 cups
Sweetened Condensed Milk or Milkmaid - one 14 oz can
Butter - 1 stick or 8 tablespoons
Cardamom powder - a pinch (optional)
Pistachios/Almonds or nuts of your choice. Crushed, for garnish .



Method

  1. Take a big microwave safe bowl,add butter and melt it in the microwave. This might take a minute.
  2. Now add in the milk powder,condensed milk and cardamom powder. Give a nice mix with a spatula.
  3. Microwave for 3 minutes stirring every one minute.
  4. Allow the mixture to cool for few mins or until it is able to handle.
  5. Make pedas of your desired shape. Greasing your hands with butter will help obtain smooth texture. Garnish with nuts.
  6. Allow to cool down, store airtight and enjoy these delicious pedas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I just love hearing from you!